Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Spring Wood

I'm about ready to make a BIG decision. A really big decision that was prompted when the wonderful little forrest that was behind my property since the beginning of forever was destroyed. No more trees. No more blue birds and cardinals. No more raccoons. Zero. Zip. Nada. Gone are the summer nights when I could sit on the patio and listen to nature's chorus. Gone is the late night skinny dipping in the hot tub. Now I must listen to the traffic and see neon signs when I am relaxing in the backyard. I so hate what has become of the beautiful, serene patch of woods that adjoined the property of my cozy little cottage that I found myself a beautiful lot....and it's loaded with trees.

'Spring Wood' is new addition just being developed that, I believe, will suit me just fine. All the property is full of beautiful hardwood trees and I have found a wonderful corner lot that I think is absolutely perfect. I am meeting with the developer in the morning to review the restrictions and, hopefully, will be signing a contract shortly thereafter. My cottage is truly quite a wonderful place and I have no doubt that it will sell very quickly. I'm so convinced of that that I will not be putting up a 'for sale' sign but, rather, the realtor will show the home to pre-qualified buyers whom she feels would love it as much as I do. She's already told me to be prepared to move quickly because once it is shown it won't be mine for long! A little scary? Yes. But really exciting too. For the sake of posterity, I probably need to go ahead and take lots of pictures.

So, I'm thinking. Thinking of French Country or maybe Texas Hill Country style with that wonderful Texas limestone, a shiny tin roof and a big ol' wrap around porch with rocking chairs and beautiful flowering baskets hanging from the eaves. I don't have a clue what the final decision will be, but as long as I have a wonderful kitchen, open and spacious rooms with high ceilings and lots of windows, big jetted tubs and wood and stone floors I'll be okay. And, of course, I must have a nice, sunny place for a garden.... And lots of closets. Sheesh. This list could be infinite...

So, that's all the excitment in my corner of the kingdom for now. They only have half of the streets in now, so it will be a while before the constructions begins on any houses. Nevertheless, I'm planning. And dreaming....



The temporary entrance to 'Spring Wood'
View from the west side of the lot..
and the south...
and another south side view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That IS a big decision, and you're such a TINY lady. :-) Just make sure they'll keep the trees standing before you sign the dotted line. It's a beautiful place! I don't envy you of moving however. Sheesh!!!