Friday, July 04, 2008

Thirty Days of Happiness: Day 8

Bubba's bible, with one of my favorites--I John 4:15--circled in red

In his glory days the packed stadium always cheered, "Kill, Bubba, kill!" "Man, I didn't know white girls could cook like this!" Comment by Bubba Smith after the first of many meals he had in my home-- smothered steak & gravy, rice, speckled butter beans, fried okra, sliced tomatoes & cornbread with REAL butter....with sweet tea, of course! Oh, and I forgot to mention the fresh strawberry cake with berries from my garden.

Happiness is reading the notes in the Bible of my friend, Bubba Smith--a real, tried and true Christian. Bubba, former Baltimore Colt and two time Super Bowl star, really knows the word! His mother, Georgia, was my homaking teacher in high school and was truly a mentor for me.

1 comment:

Rambling On said...

I fixed the best speckled butter beans last week. Hubby doesn't care for them, so I had 'em all to myself... and those fresh "maters." Yum!

How neat that Bubba Smith's mother was your teacher. I admit I don't know Bubba Smith, but that's only because I'm a baseball fan. ;-) Hubby will know him, I'm sure. How cool.

My Bible is definitely on my list for my "happiness" adventure. I love my old green Bible.