Monday, July 14, 2008

Thirty Days of Happiness: Day 16


I've learned along the way that 'what is important to us is important to God too', and there's great happiness in knowing that He is not only involved in the big, monumental events of our lives, but He is very much interested in the little things too. A couple of years ago I mentioned to my friend, John, that it would be very nice if God would send a really good (and cheap!) painter my way, as I was--once again--ready to change some interior colors. That very evening I went to the track to walk my regular two miles, and as I was finishing lap 2, a Hispanic man that I had noticed there from time to time approached me. He spoke, I responded and he continued to walk. Then.....he slowed down, turned around, and with a thick Spanish accent said, "By the way, my name is Angel and I'm a painter. I work for so-and-so builder here in town, but I do side jobs too and I'll beat anybody's price." Wow. What a 'God thing.' And what reassurance to know He answers even when we aren't directing our desires to Him.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Rhonda,

Another Beaumont girl! You know, I'd like to reply to your question, the one you left in comments on my last two posts, but I can't find an email address for you.

Would you mind emailing me so I can get back to you?

It's in my sidebar, but I'll save you the time. BarJr50@aol.com

You have a lovely blog. :-)

Barb

Rambling On said...

I love the picture of the onions. I can't tell if it's the real deal or a painting. Either way, it's breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story! And yes, such a God thing. You need to market your paintings!!!! They're so gorgeous!!