Friday, July 04, 2008

Biking on the 4th!

The good ol' southern style sweet tea is made, the beans are baked, the potato salad is made and the Honey Bun cake is fresh from the oven. Got fresh tomatoes and crispy banana peppers from the garden as well as loads of roasted garlic for the homemade bread. Just waiting a few friends who will be bringing the meat for the grill. In the meanwhile, I think I'll take a quick ride through the neighborhood and check out the gardens. The weedeaters and mowers were humming bright and early this morning. Gotta have it spiffed up for the 4th.

Home of L.C., my friend and former POW. God bless our servicemen!


Freshly mowed, nice and neat.


Sweet little garden of my friend and neighbor, Hetty.


A nice little elderly couple live here, octogenerians, I think. You'd be hard pressed to find a blade of grass out of place.

Same home, different view.


We're a flag waving bunch around here...and not just on the 4th.


Back to my little cozy, eclectic cottage. Yes, the gardens do indeed need attention.


An old pressed back chair I salvaged from the curbside. Needs a little work...think I'll call my good neighbor L.C. for that task.

1 comment:

Rambling On said...

Charming. Very charming.