Monday, November 24, 2008



Outside My Window...
...the sky is gray and it is cool this morning. It has been raining lightly, on and off, for the last couple hours. Not enough to flourish the garden, but just a little kiss for the flowers, with the promise of more to come.

I am Thinking...
...that in the blink of an eye Christmas will be here and I have done virtually nothing to prepare. Zero. Zip. Nada. I usually try to get a head start on my shopping, especially if I have taken a nice trip during the year, because that's often a good way to find unique gifts. Last April I was in Yellowstone and the midwest, but I was so mesmerized by the magnificent mountains that shopping was the last thought on my mind.

I am Thankful for...
...this morning I am thankful for my ability to generate a good income. With the economic state such as it is and nationwide financial uncertainy looming ahead, I am
grateful that I can feel secure in my career. Chances are slim that births will slow down and seasoned L & D nurses are few and far between.

From the Kitchen...

...it's soup day around here and I think today's selection will be corn chowder. My recipe includes potatoes, carrots and smoked ham and it's so wonderful it will knock your socks off!

I am Wearing...

...flannel p.j. bottoms, an oversized tee shirt and some warm, fuzzy socks. Oh, and my hair is pulled up and secured with a yellow pencil because I wasn't motivated enough to get up and get a clip. Lookin' good, I tell ya! Glad the one that matters isn't stopping by this morning...

I am creating...
...still making Santa caps. My goal is to have one for every delivery I have from now until Christmas. They're precious! I'll post a pic later.

I am going...

...nowhere but the routine this week...work, church, Central Market, Sams, Target, and I just may try to pick up a gift or two Friday if there is something unique that I feel is worth fighting the crowd for. Chances are slim I'll be that taken with any given item so I just may try to do a little shopping beforehand.

I am reading...
...I'm still enjoying reading 'The Message.' God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. Psalm 23

I am hoping...

...at this point my hope is tucked in a little secret place in my heart, therefore, it is secret!

I am hearing...

...'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' from the Eva Cassidy 'Songbird' CD

Around the House...
...are indications every where that Savannah is here! A tennis shoe here and there, a Twilight CD in the stereo, empty Dorito bags and Dr Pepper cans in the bedroom waste basket and it seems that someone has been in my jewelry box...

One of My Favorite Things...
...is getting into my car when it is squeaky clean with 'armor-alled' tires and shiny wheels and sparkling glass and the hint of vanilla in the interior.

A Picture to Share...
...14 going on 20, with my friend Gayle...her twin Dayle took the pic. Guess which one is me?


fast-forward, uh, a few years...

Dayle and Gayle (on the right). Aren't they cute?

A Great Fall~Holiday Recipe...


Gooey Butter Cake


1 Golden Butter cake mix

1 egg

1 stick butter

Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan.

Topping:

1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened

1 stick butter

2 eggs

1 teaspoons of vanilla

1 16 oz. box of powder sugar

Beat cream cheese until smooth, add eggs, vanilla and butter and beat together. Add powdered sugar and mix well.

Spread topping over cake batter and bake for 40-50 minutes until top is a golden brown.

Cool and cut into bars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, don't I feel special, appearing in your blog. :-) Lord have mercy, the years have gone by.

And speaking of special...I'm picking up vibes that you may have a special someone in your life? If so, I hope it's all you wish for.

P. S. The recipe looks marvelous, and I have all the ingredients in my house. Hmmm. May have to try that one for Thanksgiving snacking.

Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderfully blessed.

Rambling On said...

I'm still having issues getting into your blog at times, but it's always worth the effort of trying again and again. And, see.... I told you we (me, you, Gayle) were triplets separated at birth. I posted the exact picture of the Thanksgiving table on my blog just a few hours ago. :)

You're so sweet for posting pics of us on your beautiful blog. I'm honored, and like sis, I've been sensing you've got something very special going on in the romance department. I wish you all the best... you deserve it.

That recipe does, indeed, look marvelous. Yummy!

Would love to see you before too long.