Monday, November 10, 2008




FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2008...

Outside My Window...
It seems that it's going to be another absolutely beautiful fall day, just like the weekend was. It's cool and crisp, perfect for a nice morning bike ride, and I will probably have to wear a light jacket if I stay outside very long. I love this time of year!

I Am Thinking...

About some wonderful plans I have for the first of the year. I can hardly wait to spend some special time with a friend who is near and dear to me. I'm counting the days!

I Am Thankful For...
My unmovable and unimaginably strong faith! I will go to God for anything and everything, regarless of how large of small, because I believe what's important to me is important to Him too. He's proven that to me time and time again.

From The Kitchen...
On the menu today is my wonderful, homemade chicken soup. It's a winner!

I Am Wearing...
Still in hospital scrubs right now. We had an extra busy shift last night which included 2 unscheduled c-sections, and those take a lot of time. I'm really tired. I'm about to hit the tub and change into something cozy and take a nap.

I Am Creating...
Right now I'm crocheting 100% organic cotton dish cloths. Once you try them you'll never use anything else...these things are just that wonderful! I've given away dozens of them and people are always happy to receive them.

I Am Going...
To the eye doctor as soon as I can get in. Hopefully, it will be this week. I lost my good glasses during the hurricane clean-up and I need to replace them as well as have a contact exam.

I Am Hoping...

That my banged up retirement account heals quickly and thrives for the happily ever after.

I Am Hearing...

The Early Show. They're showing some old footage and playing Little Anthony and the Imperials singing 'Going Out Of My Head.' Sweet song.

Around The House...

I see countless things that make a house a home. Lots of fluffy pillows, nicely framed art, books for 'arm-chair' travel, wonderful aromatic candles and lots of other treats to make my guests feel special.

One Of My Favorite Things...
Is surprising those I love with wonderful little things I find which make me think of them. These little gifts don't have to be costly or fancy, just special tokens, often with a little sentiment attached.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Nothing big or exciting is on the horizon at the moment. I'm working on cleaning out and reorganizing some closets and storage areas and, I almost forgot, I have 70 tulip bulbs and 50 daffodil bulbs I need to plant now in order to have a pretty showing this spring.

A Picture To Share...


I love vintage linens. I can't help but wonder about their history and the stories they could tell.


A Neat Recipe...





Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Biscuits

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

2 eggs

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

2 tablespoons peanut butter

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Combine the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll out the dough until it's half an inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut into shapes. Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.

Andi loves me twice as much as usual when these come out of the oven!

No comments: