Monday, November 03, 2008


FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2008

Outside My Window...
it's a gorgeous autumn day! The windows are open and the wonderful scent of fall is permeating my little domain.

I Am Thinking...
it's my time for favor. Actually, within my being I know it's my time for favor. God's favor. He knows the desire of my heart and He's creating something phenomenal and unimaginably wonderful from that. More later.

I Am Thankful for...

...every mountain and valley and heartache and disappointment I've ever endured. They have served to make me extremely grateful for the good times.

From The Kitchen...
...tomato basil soup is on the menu today and if time permits, I'll make a nice loaf of sour dough bread to go along with it. While in Montana last spring I visited Chadz, a quirkly little coffee house/cafe that served the best rendition of this soup I've ever had. I dropped them a note in the mail a few weeks ago and, lucky for me, Chad wrote back immediately, sending his recipe. Can't wait to try it!

I Am Wearing...
...hospital scrubs, which indicate there's gonna be a lot of work going on 'round here today. Upstairs, downstairs, in the yard and in the garage! The cleaning demon has latched on to me in a big way today!

I Am Creating...
...caps for pre-term infants in underpriviledged countries. As an L & D nurse, I am keenly aware of the necessity of maintaining the body temperature of these tiny people and little warm caps are essential.

I Am Going...
...nowhere special today, but Thursday I am going shopping in Houston with a group of girls from the hospital. It's a November ritual that we look forward to and we really love this little get-away! Nothing like a little 'girl time!'

I Am Reading...
...I'm about to start something new and at the moment I'm not real sure what it will be, though I have a pretty good idea. It has to do with the heart :-)

I Am Hoping...
...that my future will be so bright I'll have to wear sun glasses even in the house!

I Am Hearing...
...CNN talk about, guess what/whom? Obama and McCain. For a real eye opener, watch this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odsDYodanxQ

Around The Cottage...
...it looks and feels and smells like fall! My absolute favorite time of year.

One Of My Favorite Things...

...is spending quality time with one who is near and dear to my heart.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
...Because I work the best schedule in the world, I have several days off every week so I think I may go spend some time with my Daddy. And I want to go to the cemetary too. My mom was buried 14 years ago today and I want to take some fall flowers to her grave.

A Recipe To Share...

Spiced Tea Mix

1½ cups of orange breakfast drink (like Tang)
¾ cup instant iced tea mix
1½ cups sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger

Add 3 teaspoons of mix to a cup of boiling water. Garnish with a lemon or orange slice and add a cinnamon stick to stir. Makes about 4 cups~




1 comment:

Rambling On said...

Oh my.... those little crocheted caps brought a tear to my eye. I still have all of the ones a dear lady made my sweet daughter when she was first born. She was a preemie and spent the first 30 days of her life in the NICU. Her little head had to be shaved and this dear woman at church made her tiny crocheted caps to match any and everything she wore. So cute.

How was your recent vist to our fair city?