Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

My Dad and me, 1958

Justin and Savannah, 1998

I was 3 years old when this picture was taken of me with my Dad. Fast track 40 years...Savannah, my wonderful grandbaby was 2 years old in this picture with her Dad, my first son, Justin. Yeah, I know, the math just doesn't quite add up. I was totally devastated when I received the news that Justin would be a father at the ripe young age of 19. Fortunately, God has a phenomenal way of making all the pieces of life's puzzle fit together perfectly, and I fell head over hills in love the day this precious baby arrived. In fact, I feel reasonably certain I was probably the happiest 41 year old grandmother alive! As for Justin, well, you would have thought he had been a Dad forever...in spite of the fact that Savannah was the first baby he had ever held in his life. And talk about genetics, I don't believe a twin could look more like him than his baby girl and fishing buddy, Savannah. A chip off the old block, with a bond much like that I still have with my Dad. Thank heaven for real fathers...they make a difference indeed!

4 comments:

Gregory Anderson said...

Great tribute to the fathers in your family!

Being a Dad is tough sometimes.

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Dads have such important roles. Too bad they don't all play them well.

Rhonda said...

You've got that right, sister! It wasn't a mistake that I skipped a generation here....

Rambling On said...

Thank the Lord for good and godly fathers. The world needs more of them.