Friday, November 09, 2007

From the Archives.....

While purging old files from the computer today I stumbled across a whopping 530 letters from a previous male relationship. Letters I thought had long ago been deleted, but, somehow, were still hibernating right there in the archives. While perusing a few I came across a letter I had written to my friend Elias, a wonderful Jewish man living in Philadelphia. 'Soul Mates' was the topic and, today, I feel like posting a portion of it right here, mainly because I need to remind myself that yes, I still believe.

You asked what is a soul mate. To me, it is the one person whose love is powerful enough to motivate you to meet your soul, and to do the emotional work of self discovery or awakening. It is that person for whom you will do everything possible to be worthy of the gift of their love. It is the person who drives you to think in more spiritual terms and causes you to realize that aesthetic thinking is not enough---it just doesn't connect the dots---and it's no longer satisfying. When you find your soul mate you will be glad that you didn't hold on to whatever you once had because you thought that was as good as it was ever gonna get. You will realize that love is truly spiritually based. You will know without doubt that it REALLY exists, and it is indeed coming to you. Through your soul mate, you will learn the precious and priceless value of trust. While faith may be extended blindly, trust is something that will develop at its own pace in this experience. I don't know why it's this way, but my guess is that it's probably because sub-consciusly our minds are focused on the evidential. But love and trust will make allowance for all actions of the past, and you will know without doubt that this is something new, therefore, none of the mistakes you or your mate made in the past matter anymore. You will know, without doubt, too, that your heart is in sweet and tender hands...................

No comments: