Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Faith Training

Just as we must exercise our bodies, we also need to 'faith train' and I believe it is crucial to experience both success and failure in order to stretch the muscle of our faith. I thank God that I went through many of the things that I have because it has prepared me and strengthened me for this point in my life and for my future. I can use only what I have---no one elses workout will benefit my body and no one elses experiences can stretch my faith to a supernatural level. Like the message taught to old Doubting Thomas, for me, it is more blessed to believe without a touch than to have proof to believe. In spite of the huge obstacles that stand against me, I can still prevail because I have faith in God. I don't have to have a dime in my pocket, a friend on the phone, a contact in high places, or anything else before God moves in my behalf. All I have to do is follow some simple guidelines:

1. Possess it by faith: Know in my heart that it was meant to be.
2. Work out my faith: Have the tenacity to go through trials and tribulations before I attempt to deal with what I haven't trained for.
3. Natural Resistance requires Divine Assistance: To avoid the mistake of trusting unreliable people, promises, or statistics, I must count only on God.
4. Don't lose strength as weight is added: I must maintain my faith no matter what I face.
5. Acknowledge that today's battle is training me for a wonderful tomorrow: I must persevere through my trials, for they are training me for greater things. They will help perfect my faith.

I fully expect faith to take me to places I've never been, show me things I've never seen, and perform impossible, unimaginable, unbelievable miracles the like of which I've never seen. No matter what man says, no matter what my senses say, I trust that God will perform mightily.

For we walk by faith, not by sight. II Corinthians 5:7

No comments: