Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Beautiful Valley View


This picture was taken 3 months ago when I spent 10 days in Israel with a group of great friends. This view of the Elah Valley--the place where David killed Goliath--was taken just at sunset, a breathtakingly beautiful time of the day in the Holyland. Though just a small boy, Davids' small size had absolutely nothing to do with the magnitude of his faith. Because of his unmovable faith in the Lord, David was able to achieve what he was able to believe. And so it is with us today. The same God that allowed David to defeat his insurmountable problem so long ago is standing nearby, waiting and wanting to perform sea-parting, mountain-moving and dead-arising miracles through us, if we'll only exercise what He's already given us--a measure of faith.

Without faith, nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I couldn't make that trip but I certainly won't miss the next one! I'll be right along with you, taking my shoes off, too. I can't imagine a more fun group to travel with than you guys.
Keep blogging, girl! I miss your thoughts when you don't post! See you in a few!

Tim