Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ain't Nobody Like Him


While trodding down the path of discovery, aimlessly searching for who I am, I finally realized that it is He who knows who I really am and Whose love has finally convinced me that it doesn't matter if I ever know. His grace is greater than my stumbling, stammering humanity. I acknowledge that I've always been exceptionally strong in some places and pitifully frail in others, absolutely certain about one thing and completely stressed about another. In spite of my numerous weaknesses, He has always comforted and blessed me and, to be totally honest, blessing me is like painting a Picasso on a dollar store canvas. Amazing how He does His best work with such inferior materials.
When He does decided to bless me---be it spiritually, physically or financially---boy does He ever! I have no doubt that all I've ever accomplished in life is simply a matter of His divine favor. He's the best financial advisor, secret-keeper, personal counselor and emotional stabilizing influence I could ever know. He's given me tips on people, places, things, and even stocks. I marvel at the manner in which He's calmed the raging storms of my life. Mercy, what a God.
My faith in Him is fixed, my faith in me is growing, and my gratitude is too overwhelming to articulate in such a small span of life and with my limited linguistic ability. To attempt to express my feelings for Him is an intimidating undertaking. Exasperated by the efforts, I will succomb to a simplistic term to convey the depth of my love, gratitude and undying devotion. Although it is simply stated, it is nonetheless of profound significance to me: There ain't nobody like the 'On-Time God.'

No comments: