Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thrifty Thursday



I love the finer things, but refuse to pay top dollar for them, so finding a special treasure in a thrift shop is one of my absolute favorite things to do. I can hardly describe the elation I felt when, tucked between the crockpots with missing lids and dusty silk flower arrangements that were far beyond their prime, I spotted this mint condition vintage teapot that goes with the Franciscan Apple pottery that I collect. I could hardly believe this sweet little piece was in a thrift store! And to make the find even sweeter, the price was a mere $3.00! I was in Las Vegas visiting my son when I found this deal of all deals (they go for $40.00 -$50.00 on e-bay) at a local Goodwill and, needless to say, I felt as though I had hit the mother of all jackpots. Finds like this make me want to take a carefree, leisurely roadtrip---off the beaten path--searching for hidden treasures among the cast-offs.

2 comments:

someone else said...

Oh my goodness, what a treasure. Being a teapot fan, I truly appreciate what you just found. If you ever take those back roads in search of gold, I'm going with you.

Rhonda said...

Let's go!