Friday, July 06, 2007

Day 43


It's kind of hard to imagine that parts of our nation are enduring temps in the 120's. Today marks the 43rd consecutive day of rain in Texas. Yes, that's correct. It has rained every single day since the 25th of May. Some days it's slow and steady all day long, other days the downpour is heavy with winds that remind one of the dreadful Hurricane Rita we experienced in 2005. But regardless of the type or amount of rain we get, one thing is for certain....we've come to expect some kind of rain every day. Luckily, my gardens are all built up and the drainage is good so the flowers and vegetables are flourishing from the natural water.

In fact, I've noticed a big difference since they've ceased surviving on water from the sprinklers. The lawn feels a bit boggy at times and, unfortunately, the grass is also reaping the benefits and growing in leaps and bounds. I recall summers past when I fussed so much about how high the water bill was as I worked dilligently to maintain nice gardens right smack in middle of the drought, so, I'll bite my tongue rather than express my dismay. There's always tomorrow.

No comments: