Friday, January 23, 2009

Wishin' N Waitin'



And speaking of Alaska...well, I'm countin' the days 'til June, when my best friend, Elizabeth, and I will be joining a group of six couples for a wonderful Alaskan cruise!

Typically, I'm not the type to partake of a 'tour group' adventure, but these traveling buddies are the same precious friends we journeyed with to the Holy Land in 2006, a trip we still talk about. We love these folk dearly and anticipate having a grand time of making lots of new memories!

On the flip side, I guess I really am getting a little older...or perhaps I should sweeten that a little bit and say 'more mature'.

The brochure from the travel agency says that the typical passenger on the Alaskan cruise is 55 years +.

**Sigh**

Am I looking forward to the gambling and dancing and comedy clubs and such on the ship? Nope, not even a tiny bit. In fact, chances are slim to none that I will even know the location where these events occur.

But I do know where you can find me at 6:00 a.m. every morning. Sipping tea on the balcony of our suite, wrapped in a blanket and watching the glorious sunrise.

And about the aging concern? Well, membership has its benefits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just please don't fall overboard! I heard another tragic tale the other day. Stay away from the rail!!

Rambling On said...

I concur with sis. Be careful and watchful.... and I know you will.

We're not really "cruise" people, but hubby and I have talked of doing an Alaskan cruise at some point in the future. I'll wait and let you tell me all about it.

We still need to set a date....