Saturday, December 13, 2008


Outside My Window...
all is peaceful and still. The ground is still a little wet from the melted snow which we received on Thursday. I'm thankful to see that my beautiful knock-out roses are thriving and blooming like crazy, even though their gentle stems were dragging the ground a mere 2 days ago.

I am Thinking...
there's much left to do and little time remains! I need to finish a little shopping, a little baking and a little wrapping. I am also reflecting on the wonderful day I spent yesterday with my friend Elizabeth...talking, eating, laughing, shopping and confiding while we perused the wonderful shops of the Galleria.

I am Thankful for...
that cold night in Bethlehem, long, long ago when a child was born. What a difference that event has made in the lives of all mankind.

From the Kitchen...
today would be a good day for chicken spaghetti. Savannah is here and that is one of her favorites. I'll serve a simple salad, garlic bread and iced tea with it. Desserts are rare around here, but today we'll have Almond Butter Pound cake, made from scratch yesterday morning.

I am Wearing...
what I slept in. Enough said.

I am Creating...
Im just beginning a beautiful little pink crocheted baby dress for the expected baby girl of my co-worker who is due just before Easter. Pictures will be posted as the project progresses. I've made many of these over the years and they are beautiful heirlooms, indeed.

I am Going...
nowhere until 7:00 p.m., then it's off to Labor and Delivery. Hope no creatures are stirring tonight.

I am Reading...
my favorite book of all, Proverbs. My, what a blessing it would be to be a true Proverbs woman. That is what I strive for everyday of my life.

I am Hoping..

that time flies at lightening speed for the next few weeks. Got some special plans happening which begin when I depart from George Bush Airport exactly three weeks from this very minute!

I am Hearing...
a commercial about how Nutri-System can change your life. Personally, I can think of much more interesting life change events.

Around the House...
all is calm, all is quiet, except for an occasional "Merry Kissmus!" or "Praise the Lord!" or "What's your name?" or "Where's Andi?" coming from the parrot. Much like a small child, she always wakes up joyful and ready to take on the day. She is so happy to see Andi each morning she can hardly contain herself.

One of My Favorite Things...

is spending Christmas day at my Daddy's house. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be a little on the cold side that day. The sights and sounds and fragrances from the woods are absolutely wonderful!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
finishing the Christmas shopping ranks top, and that includes the wrapping! Savannah has volunteered for that job and I'm glad to pass it on.

A Recipe to Share...




Peppermint Bark

1 lb dark chocolate, chopped
1 lb white chocolate, chopped
12 peppermint candy canes, crushed (about 1 cup)

Melt the dark chocolate and pour onto a jelly roll pan lined with aluminum foil or a silpat. Spread evenly to desired thickness. Place in refrigerator to harden. Sift peppermint candy to separate the large chunks from the peppermint sand. Melt the white chocolate. When cooled, fold the peppermint sand into the white chocolate taking care not to overmix (and getting pink chocolate instead). Remove dark chocolate from the refrigerator and spread the white chocolate on top. Sprinkle the peppermint chunks evenly over the white chocolate and gently press the pieces into the layer. Refrigerate until hardened. Break the bark into pieces.

A Picture To Share...



Did you ever have one of these? I was probably three years old when I had a sock monkey, and I still remember it. What memories flooded my mind when I saw this little guy dangling precariously from the branch of the Christmas tree in Cracker Barrel! I could hardly wait to give him a new home!

2 comments:

Rambling On said...

Enjoy the day with your granddaughter. I'm excited about getting together after the New Year.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a silent night. ;-)Chicken spaghetti sounds heavenly. So does the dessert. :-)