Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Looking Ahead...On The Eve of the Eve..



This will probably be my last entry for the year 2008. Saturday morning I'll be leaving for an anxiously awaited trip, and there's much to do between now and then.

This post is sort of a re-run of a previous New Year's post which was derived from a questionaire I received in 2005. As those who know me would expect, my answers have not changed much. And though I've never been one to make, or perhaps I should say 'keep' New Year resolutions, I still resolve to do things a little differently in the coming year.

While on this remarkable journey called life, I've learned that sometimes there are no seemingly right or wrong answers in life, and that each decision leads to the here and now, where there are always more questions and more answers which seem to hold everything needed for the moment. I learned long ago to cling to the passage in Proverbs wherein we are told to lean not on our understanding, but to trust God. It's tried and proven and it works. I'm living evidence of that.

I wish you a blessed New Year, a safe New Year...and a New Year filled with Love and Peace and Joy.


1. In one word describe your expectation for the year 2009.

Favor---the God kind. I have faith that God will continue to bless all areas of my life and will fulfill the desire of my heart.

2. If you won the lottery tomorrow, who would you give the first dollar to?

I would give God the first ten percent. He can do more with the remaining ninety percent than I can do with the whole.

3. If you had to choose fame or fortune, which would you choose and why?

Fortune. Fame comes with too many pitfalls. Fortune would allow me to bless others who come my way.

4. What three words would you want associated with your name in memorial?

Faithful, loyal, loving

5. What does the word “time” mean to you?

Time is an illusion we use for our benefit when it suits us least.

6. What three guests (anyone) would you invite to a dinner party?

Assuming my significant other is already present, of course....my mother (if she were still living), my friend Mike Hayes, and author Mark Hanson, a most interesting and phenomenal man whom I had the pleasure of meeting in 1983 while in Napa Valley.

7. Name one work of art or literature you would hate to live without.

Proverbs. My absolute, all time favorite of the favorites. The wisdom of King Solomon is phenomenal.

8. What is your one weakest point of character? Your strongest?

My weakest is probably the fact that I am generous to a fault; my strongest is definitely loyalty, hands down, no doubt.

9. What one quality would you most like to give to your significant other?

His qualities are overwhelming and abundant so anything I could offer would be but an extra portion.

10. If a life affects all others, who would you say yours least affects? Most affects?

Least affects: I believe that would be impossible to say, not knowing which of our actions has the most rippling effect. I believe a simple smile to someone can and does change the world.

Most affects: My beautiful grandaughter, Savannah and, of course, my patients.

11. BONUS: Are you where you thought you would be when, ten years ago, you thought of your future?


Yes and no. I have changed, the world has changed and like John Lennon said, "life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." I am happy even though I feel I have much to discover, create, and more to experience in love. I am healthy, gainfully employed and have a roof over my head... all is well; all is getting better. I'm favored of God and, yes, all is truly getting better--one sweet day at a time....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On this 'eve of the eve' I would like to express my thanks to you for being the kind of friend you've been to me, Ronni. You always closed your letters with the phrase 'always...and in all ways' and I can truly say you have shown me exactly what that really means. You've loved and supported me when I was most unlovable and you taught me the soul-strengthening power of blind faith. A powerhouse of faith and the sweetest and most unique woman I've ever known, that's what you are. I am honored beyond measure that you call me friend.
Love,
J

Rambling On said...

Happy New Year, my friend. May it hold many wonderful things for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, dear friend. We really must get together. So much to share; so little time. I hope your anticipated trip is all you dream of.