Friday, September 12, 2008

The Word


I dropped in on someones blog this afternoon and the first thing I saw was this:

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I'm so very thankful that such a fitting word was sent my way at such a tense and uncertain time, as we await the arrival Hurricane Ike tonight. I don't believe it was by accident that I dropped in on this site. I believe my steps were ordered by God as an avenue for me to find peace and assurance. Yes, it's true, He even works through cyber-space. God is always right on time and He has never failed me yet, therefore, I have no doubt He will come through again. He's a big, big God! In Jesus name.

2 comments:

Rambling On said...

I've been praying hard about Ike. We seem to be in the surge area and even though we're a long way from Galveston, which is getting a beating and it hasn't even started raining there yet, I know we'll no doubt lose power and have lots of scary wind and heavy rain. And, as you say, at night, it seems so much worse.

I'm also worried about my dear parents. They've decided to stay put, even though they got a bad hit during Rita. I can't tell them what to do, but I fear their house will get flooded.

On top of all of this, Gayle found out that our flight to LA has been canelled. She's going to try and see if we can fly out Monday, so she can still have her surgery on Tuesday. We'll see what happens.

On top of all of this, I woke up sick with throat issues and coughing issues this morning, and have been extremely fatigued all week. What I want to do is lay down and wake up next week.

Please know you are in my prayers. Let's all bind together and pray Ike will diminish considerably. God is the Master of the wind!

My dad is ready to move too. I told him yesterday that I'm ready to move to the hills myself. Elaine lives in Tyler and they don't have to deal with hurricanes, although it does seem to rain there a lot. I guess no matter where you live there are always possible natural disasters, whether it be flooding, tornadoes, earthquakes, or the dreaded hurricane.

Sorry to ramble so.... love ya!

Rhonda said...

Thank you for binding with me in prayer against Ike. We've prayed, God has heard, and now I will begin to thank Him in advance for the wall of protection he has already placed around us and our properties. I imagine the wall to be much like my faith, invisible but soaring! In Jesus name.