Thursday, August 02, 2007

Vacation Time...


The plants are watered and trimmed,
the faded blooms are dead-headed,
the compost is turned.
The porch and patio are swept
and everything is tidy.

The frig is clean, the floors
are mopped, the mirrors and
furniture are sparkling.
The bedding is changed
with sweet smelling linens
straight off the line.

The bills have been paid,
my bags are all packed.
The camera is charged
and my passport is tucked
away in a safe place.

The house sitter has
'parrot instructions'
and Andi has plenty of treats.
Nothing much left on the 'check off' list.

I'm counting the days now. Just three
to go before I set sail for the land
of beautiful beaches and sunsets.
I think a pedicure with a nice French
manicure would be special treat
for tomorrow....

1 comment:

someone else said...

It sounds wonderful, wherever it is. I hope you have a perfect vacation!