Saturday, June 30, 2007

This Diamond Ring Doesn't Shine For Me Anymore...


Lately, I have been thinking a lot about the beautiful diamond ring that sits in a little turqoise box in my lingerie drawer. True, I have more important things to worry about but, it's time to make a decision regarding the fate of this once treasured gem. It used to be my most highly prized posession--- lovingly created just for me---and I wore it with a pride and respect unlike any I had ever known... prior to that phase of my life. But the winds have blown and the tide has shifted and now it represents nothing more than platinum and stone and the potential of a little something to put aside for a rainy day. I suppose I could have it redesigned and wear it but I'm not a jewelry person and besides, it was never intended to be jewelry anyway but, rather, a symbol of something spiritual and real.
Having said that much, I guess I know what my next step will be. My little cottage is about due for the 'mother of all purgings' and this sound like a mighty fine place to start.

No comments: