Saturday, March 03, 2007

With a Little Luck and Creativity....


Sometimes when I stumble upon something, I end up with much better results than when I carefully plan a project. Point at hand--I much prefer old treasures that have been cast aside over new ones but recently, out of curiosity, I decided to make a quick pass through a furniture store that was going out of business. Near the back of the showroom I spotted hundreds of fabric samples hanging neatly on racks awaiting, I suppose, to be tossed out. I asked the manager what the plan was for these lush, beautiful fabrics and much to my surprise, he said he would love for me to rid him of the stash. I quickly packed them into a couple of over-sized trash bags and had a grand time that afternoon organizing them by color and texture. Most of the pieces are rich earthy tones and I can hardly wait to create some unique carpet bags from them to give as gifts next Christmas. Any ideas of what else they could be used for besides the pillows? After all, it's not too soon to start planning is it?

No comments: