Friday, October 05, 2007

Autumn


It seems I've been too busy to do much thinking these days, let alone share a thought. Autumn, my favorite time of year, is in the air here in southeast Texas. Not the full blown deal, but just enough to let us know that the real deal is on the way. I guess it's Indian summer that we're having now because many are the times I feel that perhaps I should make it a beach day. But there is no real turning back. Beautiful orange pumpkins have found their way into my home, the market is calling with it's abundant selection of mums and kale. Late summer bouquets become mostly green, offering a lush display of rue, rosemary, and sage. I suppose I should give some serious thought to what I want to see in bloom come spring and begin planting my bulbs and wildflowers now. I'm so partial to this wonderful season we're enjoying now as we turn the tide and prepare to hibernate. I always miss this long after it has gone.

No comments: